Let me start with apologies to every one in Egypt, the country where is everyone hospitable, generous and friendly. I apologize before I choose this place as the worst place I every visited in the world. Yes, during my 35 years of travel, I never visited place that I feel sorry for every second I spent there.
I was looking for a one-word title to review this place and I was confused between too many such as Awful, Miserable, carelessness, and many more similar words which kept running to my mind. The words misery and awful won because the word Misery explains everyone we met or dealt with in this place and the word awful explains how this giant place run and how is the feeling and the interaction with everyone who works there.
For me everything is about customer service does not matter if you spent a dollar or million on your establishment, which I do not think this place knows there such word or way to deal with guest?
From the time we check-in:
1. Nobody said hi, hello, welcome, thank you, good morning or goodbye.
2. We enter this giant parking lot and our driver could not where he can drop us
3. No one ever smiled from the staff
4. Nobody made any eye contact (only during my conversation at the front office during our ugly check-in process)
5. Waited in line for a very long time so someone can see us but never happen, because every guest stormed the desk and received help – ther are too many guest for only 2 front office agents and one unfriendly bell captain
6. I asked the only one who looked at the computer once and while if he is there is a manager around, he stated that he is the bell captain and there is a manager but he is not available right now.
7. If you arrived early, the Front Office will confirmed your reservation and asked me to come after 2 PM.
8. During my first attempt to check in, she place my ID and credit card on the desk and moved on to another guest asking me to come after 2 PM before I even asked one question
a. What is my other options
b. Any place I can keep my bag.
c. Do you have different types of rooms ready? We are in weekdays and this place is full only during the weekend.
d. Can I pay for an upgrade and check in one hour early
e. Where can I go in this over 100 degree weather
9. Eventually I had to storm the desk like anyone else. I asked the Front Office agent (Marwa, same agent who we met before) if there is a line or turn for the guest. She immediately started a confrontation, why we did not approach the desk like everyone else. The second agent came to her aid and it was guest against the front desk so I asked, “can you please give me my key and let me go, PLEASE”.
10. When we arrived to our room, there was no water in our room, I tried to call every line listed but no one answered.
11. I needed to connect to the WiFi but there were no instructions in our room and no one answering the phone.
12. The Front Desk gave us one card for the pool towels, which created another problem in the pool to get two.
13. In our way to the breakfast we stopped at the host station who asked for the room number, after we waited to be seated, he asked us to proceed while he is busy writing in his book
14. The breakfast presentation was good except both my items, coffee was very light and cold and the fruits was cut in night before and frozen in the plate which make it hard to remove it and hard to eat, so we have to check out ASAP to get some real coffee outside and wait for our transportation away from this place
15. The check out was more than awful by the same agent, no words exchanged (good morning, how is your stay, thank you, goodbye or such). She just asked for the credit card, I sign it, she throw the invoice on the desk and ran to the other computer, so we left even more bitter and I asked my son to run out of this place.
Problems happen, the difference between a good place and a bad one is how it’s taken care of. So think twice before you make a reservation in this place.